1.9K views
3.0

I have been a Nationstar Mortgage client for several years.I went online to make my mortgage payment today, as I have done for the past few years, and they are asking for my full Social Security number?

Has their site been hacked? Why are they asking for my 9 digit SS#, before they will let me in to make my Jan 2017 mortgage payment? It first just asks for the last 4 of my SS#, but when I enter the last 4, it then asks for all 9 digets of my SS# ...

Since they obviously already have my SS#, why do they want me to re-enter it?Are they afraid that someone else might make my mortgage payment for me???

This reviewer shared experience about "they want my full ss#" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Nationstar Mortgage and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about nationstar mortgage customer care from Nationstar Mortgage was not give out my entire ss number will give nationstar my last 4 Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Nationstar Mortgage.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Loans and Mortgages category for more informed decision or compare Nationstar Mortgage to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Nationstar Mortgage?

Comments

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States #1319019

Thanks for the heads up

Same.I wont enter my full ssn for verification purposes.

When you call them they only ask for the last 4.

Why should a public facing webserver be any different?They will have to just accept paper billing from here on out till they fix that.

Their representative told me that I could not access my account online without entering full social security but don't worry, it's encrypted. I told them I would not and if that was the only option than they needed to change my account preferences to mail me statements every month and I'll pay via my bank. For me, it's not a chance I am willing to take, I won't enter full social online, so their new online site will be costing them postage every month.

to Anonymous #1277754

Exactly!Two years ago, they sent out a letter asking us to enter our full s.s.#, signed and retured !

Then a few days later, they sent another letter telling people "NOT TO REPLY to such request !"WTF !?

I will do exactly the same asking them to send out paper statement and use bill pay service through my bank !Worst company I have ever dealt with !!!

to Anonymous Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1278862

I agree

Same problem in December and again in January.Initially I was told they were going to correct the website to only request the lad four digits of the ss# and the update would take a few days.

They took the payment by phone and waived the fee. The same thing happened in January.

This time I was told they would told they would place me on a list requesting an exception from entering the ss#.They are suppose to call me back to let me know it the exception is approved.

Elk Grove, California, United States #1268516

Same thing. I've been with them for a few years now and them asking for full security number is not an option for me. they can verify the account in a lot of other different ways.

Interlochen, Michigan, United States #1268470

same thing here my friend all of a sudden they want my full ssn over the internet I have visiously argued with them I will not put my ssn out over the internet, I made payments by phone two times now, they were suppose to email me confirmation emails never did I think there hacked, they are the only lender that wants full ssn I will never put my full ssn out on internet they wont even let you talk to supervisor very suspicious then not send confirmation email not good, its wrong

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1268217

I called to ask them the same thing and they waived the processing fee and made the payment for me.Is this a possible class action lawsuit, if it's not fixed?

They should not be asking for all 9 digits.

Funny thing is when I called they only needed the last 4 digits.Hopefully they will have this fixed by February's payment.

I am not entering my SS#.I have a user name and password.

I will be calling the Attorney General.

If they want my SS# they can look at their records.If they want to verify my identity they have lots of other ways to do that.