2.7K views
3.0

I have been a Nationstar Mortgage client for several years. I went online to make my mortgage payment today, as I have done for the past few years, and they are asking for my full Social Security number?

Has their site been hacked? Why are they asking for my 9 digit SS#, before they will let me in to make my Jan 2017 mortgage payment? It first just asks for the last 4 of my SS#, but when I enter the last 4, it then asks for all 9 digets of my SS# ...

Since they obviously already have my SS#, why do they want me to re-enter it? Are they afraid that someone else might make my mortgage payment for me???

This reviewer shared experience about "they want my full ss#" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. 2freeeng is overall dissatisfied with Nationstar Mortgage and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about nationstar mortgage customer care at Nationstar Mortgage was not give out my entire ss number will give nationstar my last 4 Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Nationstar Mortgage.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Loans and Mortgages category for more informed decision or compare Nationstar Mortgage to other companies on our site.

Comments

Bayview Loan Servicing, LLC, WILL meet justice. Inevitably, BUT, YOU need to file action.

The clock will tick, YOU will only

Succeed when you have a concurrent action pending, The

Dept. of Business Regulation in FLORIDA is aware, and need's

Your SUIT filed.

There is plenty of information when you seek

Discovery for your CIVIL FRAUD

COMPLAINT. ACTION -FILE, FILE, FILE.

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States #1319019

Thanks for the heads up

Same. I wont enter my full ssn for verification purposes.

When you call them they only ask for the last 4.

Why should a public facing webserver be any different? They will have to just accept paper billing from here on out till they fix that.

Their representative told me that I could not access my account online without entering full social security but don't worry, it's encrypted. I told them I would not and if that was the only option than they needed to change my account preferences to mail me statements every month and I'll pay via my bank. For me, it's not a chance I am willing to take, I won't enter full social online, so their new online site will be costing them postage every month.

to Anonymous #1277754

Exactly! Two years ago, they sent out a letter asking us to enter our full s.s.#, signed and retured !

Then a few days later, they sent another letter telling people "NOT TO REPLY to such request !"WTF !?

I will do exactly the same asking them to send out paper statement and use bill pay service through my bank ! Worst company I have ever dealt with !!!

to Anonymous Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1278862

I agree

Same problem in December and again in January. Initially I was told they were going to correct the website to only request the lad four digits of the ss# and the update would take a few days.

They took the payment by phone and waived the fee. The same thing happened in January.

This time I was told they would told they would place me on a list requesting an exception from entering the ss#. They are suppose to call me back to let me know it the exception is approved.

Elk Grove, California, United States #1268516

Same thing. I've been with them for a few years now and them asking for full security number is not an option for me. they can verify the account in a lot of other different ways.

Interlochen, Michigan, United States #1268470

same thing here my friend all of a sudden they want my full ssn over the internet I have visiously argued with them I will not put my ssn out over the internet, I made payments by phone two times now, they were suppose to email me confirmation emails never did I think there hacked, they are the only lender that wants full ssn I will never put my full ssn out on internet they wont even let you talk to supervisor very suspicious then not send confirmation email not good, its wrong

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1268217

I called to ask them the same thing and they waived the processing fee and made the payment for me. Is this a possible class action lawsuit, if it's not fixed?

They should not be asking for all 9 digits.

Funny thing is when I called they only needed the last 4 digits. Hopefully they will have this fixed by February's payment.

I am not entering my SS#. I have a user name and password.

I will be calling the Attorney General.

If they want my SS# they can look at their records. If they want to verify my identity they have lots of other ways to do that.

Bronx, New York, United States #1267200

Has anyone gave the info and just entered?

Brooklyn, New York, United States #1267020

Has anyone completed the questions and entered their website. Please let me know as there is no other option.

Just wanted to know your solution. Please reply Guys.'

Middletown, Connecticut, United States #1266616

They are doing the same thing to me. This company is full on incompetence, I experienced it first hand when I refinanced through them.

Birmingham, Alabama, United States #1265766

Same problem. I know Nationstar has my social but I have no desire to type it in online.

I called and spoke to a representative who kept telling me "You just have to do it one time." I could not make him understand concerns of identity theft. I asked to speak to someone above him several times before he agreed to transfer me, but then he hung up on me.

I'm pissed. Time to look into refinancing with another company, I guess.

Houston, Texas, United States #1265200

So disgusted.

Avon Lake, Ohio, United States #1264249

It did the same thing to me. Looking to see if this is legit.

Quakertown, Pennsylvania, United States #1264041

Don't know if the sites been hacked but trust me Nationstar have all our social security numbers. Asking for the last 4 digits is pushing it but not that far off.

I won't give them my entire SS number, they should tell me what they have and I will confirm if they have the right number. I am going to call them and confirm that this is by their request. If it is I am9 going to ask them to remove the request for the entire SS number and replace it with a request for the last 4 digits. If they refuse I suggest to call the Attorney General in your state (I have done this before with quick results) and tell them about a possible scam to force you to pay by phone.

Imagine the thousands they would rake in if this is their scam....and it is illegal. If they want to continue to do business in your state, tell them this is what you will do if they give you no choice.

I found the same thing today. Every "contact us" link I tried to click brought me back to the same page asking for my SSN.

Not gonna happen.

I sent them a Facebook message (the only way it seems I could get a rep). We'll see what happens.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #1263550

Same here I refuse to put my entire number in online. This is ridiculous.

I tried calling and paying on the phone it charges $14 fee again I refuse. Absolutely pissed at Nationstar